Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2012 17:09:34 -0700
From:      Sean Bruno <seanbru@yahoo-inc.com>
To:        "pyunyh@gmail.com" <pyunyh@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Call for bge(4) testers

On Wed, 2012-09-19 at 09:44 -0700, Sean Bruno wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-09-14 at 14:27 -0700, YongHyeon PYUN wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > There were lots of reports that stock bge(4) does not work on Dell
> > Rx20/HP DL 360 G8.  With the help of Broadcom and BCM5719/BCM5720
> > users I managed to address the issue but I had to touch very
> > sensitive part of driver. Before committing the change to tree I'd
> > like to know whether this change introduces regressions on old
> > bge(4) controllers. If you're bge(4) user, please try latest WIP
> > version at the following URL and let me know how it goes on your
> > box. I'm especially interested in whether there is any ASF/IPMI
> > regression on BCM570x/571x.
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/bge/if_bge.c
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/bge/if_bgereg.h
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/bge/brgphy.c

We're starting to gather data and have a couple of machines (pciconf,
ifconfig, dmesg) here that may provide some insights.  Everything seems
to be working at a cursory level.

http://people.freebsd.org/~sbruno/new_bge/

We have seen 2 instances of one or more of the HP machines failing and
dropping off the network.  however, we don't have specifics yet.

Sean