Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 1995 16:06:25 -0700
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.atinc.com>, Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which SUP files are available and where ?

Thanks for the update, ok, then one of my machines is going to switch over
to -stable.

Paul

  From: David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
  >I thought a couple of people were reporting sig 11 problems on -stable.
  >Is it true that there are NO sig 11 problems that we're aware of?

     There are no known reliability problems with -stable. All of the people
  that I'm aware of that reported (any sort of) problems have since figured
  out what was causing them and have fixed them. There was one bug which Rod
  found that was causing a "CMAP busy" panic, but this isn't a new problem
  and has been with us since last year. It is caused by an attempt to read
  from /dev/kmem in an area that has no currently mapped page. This results
  in a page fault and subsequantly messed up 'CMAP' page table entry. The
  problem will normally only be seen when you have an out of date
  /var/db/kvm_kernel.foo.db file. It only happens at boot time and it's actuall
  quite rare.

  -DG