Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 11:10:15 +0800
From:      "hahalee(ÀîÁè)" <hahalee@163.net>
To:        "freebsd-smp" <freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Matthew Patton" <patton@sysnet.net>, "Steinar Haug" <sthaug@nethelp.no>
Subject:   Compaq PL3000/NICs, Again.

Dear list,
Matthew,
Steinar,

After a sleepless night, I realized what's the problem:

The Compaq PL3000 is a PCI-EISA-ISA mixture, and
has TWO PCI buses, Mobo buildin components are attached
on bus0, Symbios dual SCSI and NICs are attached on
bus1, the second one.

You can use HWINFO (diag utils for dos) to find this.

BTW, in Advanced (the control_a ) mode, I tried every
combinations, APIC = {Full w/ mapped, Full, None}
FreeBSD still fails to find NIC/SCSI. Linux(debian20) does
find the Accton NIC, but can not send/recv packet.

Is there any way to solve this?
Is there any one runs FreeBSD-3.0 SMP on PL3000?

regards
TIA