Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 2010 01:22:19 +0900
From:      FUKAUMI Naoki <fun@naobsd.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is the state of FreeBSD on the SheevaPlug?

hello

just FYI,

At Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:55:06 +0100,
Matthias Rampke wrote:
> Netbooting is not really a (permanent) solution for me, since if I had
> a NFS server permanently on, I'd have no need for a SheevaPlug ...
> I'll see what I can get to USB-wise.
>
> Rafal: is the SD driver available as a patch, as long as it's not in
> the main tree? Being able to boot from SD cards would be an almost
> ideal solution, second only to internal flash (which is still way off
> due to lack of a NAND filesystem, I know).

Some SheevaPlug variants have eSATA port.

  http://www.newit.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=13
  http://www.kuroutoshikou.com/modules/display/?iid=1440 (out of stock)

If you have SheevaPlug rev. 1.3, you can add eSATA port :)

  http://plugcomputer.org/plugforum/index.php?topic=927.0

to use eSATA port, add following lines to kernel config.

+device		ata
+device		atadisk

of course, don't forget "noclusterr" and "noclusterw" mount options.

--
FUKAUMI Naoki