Date:      Tue, 05 Nov 1996 11:20:04 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Multimedia Kit?

>From The Desk Of Charles Henrich :
> I've been trying to get the mbone tools and other items together to make
> FreeBSD work with all the cool nifties out there, but am having damn close to
> zero luck.  Other than rah.star-gate.com where are these tools hiding?
>
> Perhaps once I gather all of this together I'll bundle it up as a tarball and
> put it someplace so people can get it all (working!) from one place..

You may want to check out Jim's ftp site:

ftp://ftp.cs.uwm.edu/pub/FreeBSD/m-src.tar.gz (thats a tarball of all
                                               the mbone tools)
Actually I just check Jim's site and the FreeBSD directory is gone
so Jim where did your FreeBSD goodies go to?

Mark Tinguely's Web Page

http://www.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~tinguely/mbone-freebsd

And
http://rah.star-gate.com

Bill Fenner is currently finishing including vic, vat, and nte
in the FreeBSD ports section so you may want to check with him
for other tools which he is working on .

A cool real time "tv+xv" is (you need a pentium pro 200mhz for this one) :
http://www.ishiboo.com/~nirva/Projects/metgrab/

Actually, this is also a good time for others with nefty multimedia tools to
post them so we can have pointers to  or include them in the multimedia
tar ball 8)

	Tnks!
	Amancio