Date:      Thu, 21 May 2020 21:01:48 +0000
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        "freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RFC: merging nfs-over-tls changes into head/sys

Hi,=0A=
=0A=
I have now completed changes to the code in projects/nfs-over-tls, which=0A=
implements TLS encryption of NFS RPC messages. (This roughly conforms=0A=
to the internet draft "Towards Remote Procedure Call Encryption By Default"=
,=0A=
which should soon become an RFC. For now, TLS1.2 is used instead of TLS1.3,=
=0A=
since FreeBSD's KERN_TLS does not yet implement TLS1.3.)=0A=
=0A=
I'd like to start merging some of the kernel changes into head/sys.=0A=
=0A=
The first of these would be creation of the syscall used by the daemons.=0A=
(The code in projects/nfs-over-tls cheats and uses the syscall for the gssd=
,=0A=
 but it needs to have its own syscall so that the gssd daemon can run concu=
rrently=0A=
 with it. I didn't want testers to need to build userland just to get a sys=
call stub=0A=
 in libc.)=0A=
=0A=
After this, there are a bunch of changes to the NFS code to add support for=
=0A=
ext_pgs mbufs (these are significant patches, but should not affect the=0A=
non-ext_pgs mbuf case, since they'll be conditional on ND_EXTPGS/M_EXTPGS).=
=0A=
=0A=
Does this sound ok to do?=0A=
=0A=
Please let me know if you see problems with me doing this?=0A=
=0A=
Thanks, rick=0A=