Date:      Thu, 08 Apr 2004 11:06:53 -0500
From:      Mike Folk <mfolk@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
To:        Quincey Koziol <koziol@ncsa.uiuc.edu>, Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        tg@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: graphics/opendx  and dropping science/hdf

I completely forgot:  Ireneusz Szczesniak has done an open dx
implementation called "dxhdf5", and has some nice documentation and other
materials at http://www-beams.colorado.edu/dxhdf5/.   We need to be working
with her.

Mike

------------------------------------
(Thanks for cc'ing me Quincey.)
Just a couple other comments about open dx:

The CACTUS project has been using open dx with hdf5 for several years.  I
strongly suspect there are others, but don't know specifics.  As far as I
know, the CACTUS folks haven't documented their work (I asked them a few
times, but that was a couple of years ago), so I don't know exactly how
they organize the data.

Open dx and hdf5 are a natural combination, and it's a pity we haven't
married them in some formal way, and we'd love to work with you if you move
in that direction.

Mike

--
Mike Folk, Scientific Data Tech (HDF)   http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu
NCSA/U of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign          217-244-0647 voice