Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:15:32 -0400
From:      Jim Bloom <bloom@acm.org>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        openoffice@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: core dump in idlc while building

Martin Blapp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> > dmake:  Error code 139, while making
> > '../../../../unxfbsd.pro/misc/urd_csslang.don'
> >
> > Gdb gives the following backtrace:
> >
> > (gdb) where
> > #0  0x283a42f6 in strchr () from /usr/lib/libc.so.5
> > #1  0x28239924 in __JCR_LIST__ ()
>
> Is this repeatable ?

It happened every time I tried to do a build.  I tried five times in the
following sequence (most of the required build dependencies had already been
installed beforehand):

make (I believe gcc31 was built from ports this time)
make (no changes and no clean)
removed idlc (two copies); make
removed idlc; make (with debug turned on)
make clean ; make (with debug turned on)

It seems to take a while to build openoffice to get to this point.

Jim Bloom
bloom@acm.org