Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:40:53 -0700 (MST)
From:      Raymond Kohler <raymond.j.kohler@lmco.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   questions about the state of current

I'm now a stable user, and I'm considering moving to current to get a jump on upgrading and help with the testing effort. I have some questions about its performance:

1) How is the speed compared to stable? I remember it being just too slow some months ago and was wondering how it was improving.

2) Are the random hangs in X fixed yet? I can put up with a few issues (it is current, after all), but that's just too much to bear.

3) Are there any Very Important Packages (mozilla, kde, &c) that won't build or refuse to work right?

- @