Date:      Tue, 01 Jan 2002 23:05:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>
Cc:        re@FreeBSD.ORG, arch@FreeBSD.ORG, Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>, Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>, Steve Price <steve@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: xfree4 by default?

On 01-Jan-02 Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> It wouldn't be that hard in sysinstall either, depending on how
> the X bits are packaged.  FWIW, I also think that XFree86 4.x's time
> has come.

Actually, the current tools in src/release/x11 will work with X 4 as well as
far as generating the necessary tarballs.  They would just need some slight
tweaks to change what ports are built.  This would allow one to not have to
change anything in sysinstall but the comments.  However, switching over to
using the various XFree86-4-* ports would be cleaner assuming they are kept as
up to date as the XFree86-4 port is.