Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2014 23:10:37 +0100
From:      Gabor Pali <pgj@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Euan Thoms <euan@potensol.com>
Cc:        =?UTF-8?Q?Michael_Gr=C3=BCnewald?= <michipili@gmail.com>, FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OCAML version 3 (legacy)

> How would dependency resolution be affected by your suggested method?

OPAM manages the dependencies itself, without involving pkg(8).  For
what it is worth, you should be able to install unison via OPAM
easily.  Though, it will not put the unison binary to under
/usr/local/bin but somewhere around ~/.opam/bin instead.

> The context of my issue was that I needed a unison built with OCAML 3.x.

Why?  Will not the net/unison232 or the net/unison port simply work?
They should be using the latest version of lang/ocaml already.