Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2002 08:54:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        uthor@SoftHome.net (Uthai Luednugrobe)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Bootloader In FreeBSD 4.6

> hi !
> i'm stay in lamphun city Thailand

Sawasdee kap,

I am a little unclear what you are saying here.

Do you mean that you lost power during the install or did the
installation and configuration complete and then later while
the system was running, you lost power?

Secondly, which system were you running when it lost power?
Was it FreeBSD or Windows ME or LUNIX or ???

Using the fdisk command was probably a good try, but if the power
failure caused some part of the system to become corrupted, then
even if the boot block worked fine, it may not have a system to
boot up to.  You may have to install that system either from a
backup or from scratch to clean it up.

Also, what actually happens when the system fails to come up?
Does it just sit there and do nothing or does it get partly up
and quit?   Are there any error messages?

So, some more information is needed.

Good luck,

////jerry