Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 14:52:26 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        strauss@dkrz.de (Heiner Strauss)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, strauss@dkrz.de
Subject:   Re: Soundblaster 16 isn't recognized

> I have FreeBSD 2.1 installed. The system is not able
> to find the soundcard. It's a Soundblaster 16 PnP.
> Under DOS ( yes I know ) it's possible to find the
> card under 0x240 0x330 0x388, DMA 0,6 and INT 10.
> I compiled a kernel with these values, but no success.
> Is there a solution to configure a Plug and Play Card ?

By default PNP devices are disabled until they are specifically
enabled -- this prevents them from conflicting.

Probably you don't have a PnP BIOS on your machine, or the BIOS
POST would have enabled the card.

Contact Amancio Hasty, or better yet, the multimedia list, for the
most recent PNP code, and incorporate it in a new kernel build.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.