Date:      Sun, 22 Aug 2004 01:58:05 +1200 (NZST)
From:      Andrew McNaughton <andrew@scoop.co.nz>
To:        FreeBSD-ISP List <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   reboot without forking

Is there some sort of server I can run so that I can reboot a server in a
situation where there are not available resources for forking?

Best option I've got at present is to leave a ssh session running with a
root shell.  Seems I can get a reboot using `exec reboot` even when I
can't fork.

Andrew

--

No added Sugar.  Not tested on animals.  May contain traces of Nuts.  If
irritation occurs, discontinue use.

Andrew McNaughton           Living in a shack in Tasmania
andrew@scoop.co.nz          Between the bush and the sea

Mobile: +61 422 753 792     http://staff.scoop.co.nz/andrew/cv.doc
                             http://www.scoop.co.nz/