Date:      Thu, 1 Jan 2015 23:28:37 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Dan Mahoney <dmahoney@isc.org>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Comtrol Rocketport drivers?

On Thu, 1 Jan 2015, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> On 30 December 2014 at 20:02, Dan Mahoney <dmahoney@isc.org> wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > We use rocketports quite a bit around the office.  We've largely been
> > replacing them with USB-based devices, but they're still functional and it
> > seems a shame to throw working kit away.
> >
> > I notice support for these rocketport boards stopped in 7.x.  Did the
> > kernel just diverge too much, or was there some other reason support was
> > dropped?  (i.e. closed-source driver, etc?).
> >
> > If there's a better mailing list to ack on (-hackers?) please let me know.
>
> A lack of hardware and a lack of developer interest.
>
> I'm sure you could find someone to pay to update the rocketport driver
> for stable/10 and head. :-P

If it's a case of "you just need the hardware to make sure the existing
code works", let me know and I'll figure out where to send it, or I can
get a devbox online for someone.

As far as paying someone, I don't know how many hours of work this is, or
what API/ABI changes are required between 7.x and 10.x, but I'm open to
hearing it (off-list, please).

-Dan

-