Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 2023 11:03:14 +0000
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@gmx.de>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD-15 kernel panic when the amdtemp device is in the kernel

I have a laptop wioth a AMD Ryzen 5 and a tower with a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X.

These are respectively Zen 1 and Zen 2 CPUs.

I built a kernel on both computers using the FreeBSD-15 source tree.

If I include the amdtemp device in my kernel file BOTH computers end up
with a kernel panic while trying to attach the amdtemp device.

If I remove amdtemp both computers boot without any issues.

I suspect that this commit is the cause:

commit 323a94afb6236bcec3a07721566aec6f2ea2b209