Date:      Mon, 15 May 1995 02:56:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      brian@mediacity.com (Brian Litzinger)
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   keyboard troubles

On about a 2 day old -current, I've run into a little problem.

The power went out on a system, and when it rebooted one of the
filesystems was corrupted in a way that the auto fsck gave
up and I got the 'blah blah or press enter for shell:'
prompt.  Unfortuntely, the keyboard did not respond.  Not even
the numlock light would change.  Before that point the keyboard
had worked fine, including typing '/kernel -s'.

I tried a different keyboard and when the system got to the
same spot and lights on the keyboard starting blinking on
and off and spurious garbage key strokes we being generated
all by themselves.

I then rebooted with a kernel that was approximately a week
older and everything worked fine.

Brian Litzinger
brian@easynet.com