Date:      Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:07:55 +0200
From:      "Andy Rozman (Aleksander)" <andy@triera.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with firewall

Hi !

I am sorry to post this message here, but I think that there are a lot of
gurus here, who could help me without a problem.

Tilll now I was running ipfw with rule that allows all packets (from kernel)
to pass through. In last few weeks I started having problems, since I got
quite a lot of packets that server accepted by default.

So I removed this kernel directive out, but now I have problem, that I don't
know how to set rules. I have on my FreeBSD box two NICs, one for outside
internet, and one for internal network, so I am using this machine as router,
and as web server,...

Problem is that I don't know how to set the rules so that ipfw will allow all
directives from inside network to go out, and receive replies. Please send me
working config. I tried several configs I found on net, but none of them seem
to work... It would probably also be nice to put one working natd + ipfw
confguration somewhere in handbook.

Please help.
Andy

P.S: I applied for memebership to list, but I don't know how fast this will be
procesed, so please cc to my email.