Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 1998 12:23:00 PST
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: porting question #10,001

I think your post-configure idea is almost right - just try copying the
appropriate part out of the do-configure target in bsd.port.mk (and
modifying it a little) -

post-configure:
.if defined(PROCMAIL)
	@(cd ${WRKSRC}/Modules/procmail && CC="${CC}" ac_cv_path_CC="${CC}" \
	    CFLAGS="${CFLAGS}" \
            INSTALL="/usr/bin/install -c -o ${BINOWN} -g ${BINGRP}" \
            INSTALL_DATA="${INSTALL_DATA}" \
            INSTALL_PROGRAM="${INSTALL_PROGRAM}" \
            INSTALL_SCRIPT="${INSTALL_SCRIPT}" \
            ${CONFIGURE_ENV} ./${CONFIGURE_SCRIPT} ${CONFIGURE_ARGS})
.endif

>I thought I could do this in a do-configure area and just have multiple
>configure files (as the bsd.port.mk says it can run multiple ones) if

I'm not sure where that "one or more" comment came from.  bsd.port.mk's
configure target will run autoconf, then ${SCRIPTDIR}/configure, then
${WRKSRC}/configure, then xmkmf, if all the conditions are right - but
it won't run more than one of each of those.

  Bill