Date:      Fri, 17 Feb 2023 18:07:02 +0000
From:      DtxdF <DtxdF@disroot.org>
To:        freebsd-jail@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   AppJail: Simple and easy-to-use tool for creating portable jails

------TQ3739NHM0LBQPXBFKQ97TH96S4M0N

Hi!

I want to share a tool I created to test my ports, to learn more about jai=
ls and just as a hobby=2E

This is AppJail, a simple and easy to use tool to create portable jails=2E

My main motivation is a tool for system administrators and developers=2E

The features are as follows:

* Easy to use=2E
* Parallel startup (Jails & NAT)=2E
* UFS and ZFS support=2E
* RACCT/RCTL support=2E
* NAT support=2E
* Port expose - network port forwarding into jail=2E
* IPv4 and IPv6 support=2E
* DHCP and SLAAC support=2E
* Virtual networks - A jail can be on several virtual networks at the same=
 time=2E * Bridge support=2E
* VNET support
* Deploy your applications much easier using Makejail!
* Netgraph support=2E
* LinuxJails support=2E
* Supports thin and thick jails=2E
* TinyJails - Experimental feature to create a very stripped down jail tha=
t is very useful to distribute=2E
* Startup order control - Using priorities and the boot flag makes managem=
ent much easier=2E
* Jail dependency support=2E
* Initscripts - Make your jails interactive!
* Backup your jails using tarballs or raw images (ZFS only) with a single =
command=2E
* Modular structure - each command is a unique file that has its own respo=
nsability in AppJail=2E This makes AppJail maintenance much easier=2E
* Table interface - many commands have a table-like interface, which is ve=
ry familiar to many sysadmin tools=2E
* No databases - each configuration is separated in each entity (networks,=
 jails, etc=2E) which makes maintenance much easier=2E
* Supervisor - Coming soon =2E=2E=2E
* =2E=2E=2E

AppJail has a useful feature called Makejail, which is somewhat similar to=
 Dockerfile=2E The idea is to use a file that contains the steps to create =
a jail with its configured packages=2E

Visit the main site: https://github=2Ecom/DtxdF/AppJail and the centralize=
d repository for Makejails: https://github=2Ecom/AppJail-makejails

I have created a bug to use it as a port: https://bugs=2Efreebsd=2Eorg/bug=
zilla/show_bug=2Ecgi?id=3D269631
------TQ3739NHM0LBQPXBFKQ97TH96S4M0N

est my ports, to learn more about jails and just as a hobby=2E<br><br>This =
is AppJail, a simple and easy to use tool to create portable jails=2E<br><b=
r>My main motivation is a tool for system administrators and developers=2E<=
tartup (Jails &amp; NAT)=2E<br>* UFS and ZFS support=2E<br>* RACCT/RCTL sup=
port=2E<br>* NAT support=2E<br>* Port expose - network port forwarding into=
Virtual networks - A jail can be on several virtual networks at the same ti=
me=2E * Bridge support=2E<br>* VNET support<br>* Deploy your applications m=
uch easier using Makejail!<br>* Netgraph support=2E<br>* LinuxJails support=
=2E<br>* Supports thin and thick jails=2E<br>* TinyJails - Experimental fea=
ture to create a very stripped down jail that is very useful to distribute=
=2E<br>* Startup order control - Using priorities and the boot flag makes m=
anagement much easier=2E<br>* Jail dependency support=2E<br>* Initscripts -=
 Make your jails interactive!<br>* Backup your jails using tarballs or raw =
images (ZFS only) with a single command=2E<br>* Modular structure - each co=
mmand is a unique file that has its own responsability in AppJail=2E This m=
akes AppJail maintenance much easier=2E<br>* Table interface - many command=
s have a table-like interface, which is very familiar to many sysadmin tool=
s=2E<br>* No databases - each configuration is separated in each entity (ne=
tworks, jails, etc=2E) which makes maintenance much easier=2E<br>* Supervis=
packages=2E<br><br>Visit the main site: <a href=3D"https://github=2Ecom/Dtx=
dF/AppJail">https://github=2Ecom/DtxdF/AppJail</a>=C2=A0and the centralized=
 repository for Makejails: <a href=3D"https://github=2Ecom/AppJail-makejail=
o use it as a port: <a href=3D"https://bugs=2Efreebsd=2Eorg/bugzilla/show_b=