Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2012 17:23:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MFC: Distributed audit daemon committed (was: svn commit: r243752 - in head: etc etc/defaults etc/mail etc/mtree etc/rc.d share/man/man4 usr.sbin usr.sbin/auditdistd (fwd)) (fwd)

I'm guilty of skipping reboots and just running one mergemaster on
the end of update... But I update _very_ often.

However, I was lucky, because while I was prepared that my usual
script will fail (I read UPDATING after all), that was not the case,
as luckily I've already had said audit user from earlier update :)

So well... If you are skipping steps at least update very frequently
to know why it could fail, maybe it will not...

But by all means stick to canonical way if updating is something
done once for a while, or you are not tracking commits. Else you
could not even know what hit you ;)

As always, thanks for original work & MFC.