Date:      Sat, 28 Apr 2012 19:39:34 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mesa core dumps WITH_NEW_XORG

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

I've rebuilt a number of systems WITH_NEW_XORG and I'm getting core
dumps in a variety of situations with 8-stable/amd64 clients:
1) Firefox consistently core-dumps on start on a system with RV370 GPU
   I haven't had a chance to investigate this further.
2) Firefox & thunderbird consistently coredump when started from an
   Xterminal (actually a FreeBSD 8.2/i386 system running xorg-7.5.1)
   but not when started locally (Radeon HD 2400 Pro GPU) or from a
   3rd system via a SSH tunnel.  gdb shows a SIGBUS in=20
   do_structure_splitting() [in dri/swrast_dri.so]
   dlopen()
   dladdr()
   NS_InvokeByIndex_P() [in libxul]
3) glxinfo core dumps on exit.  gdb shows a SIGSEGV during atexit().

These problems all started when I upgraded Xorg (and associated ports).

In another thread, matt suggested a patch to glx/glxdri.c in
x11-servers/xorg-server but this is solely a server-side fix and
is therefore not relevant to (2) above.

Has anyone got any ideas?

--=20
Peter Jeremy