Date:      Thu, 22 May 97 11:53:12 +0200
From:      garyj@frt.dec.com
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pure /proc ps?

terry@lambert.org writes:
> Personally, I think that 'ps' in the system dump case should be built
> into the "crash" proram, not into 'ps', and that 'ps' should use /proc
> and that mounting /proc should be as mandatory as I believe mounting
> /dev should be.

you have crash working under FreeBSD ? Neat ! Lemme have it !

In case you really mean crash == gdb, I tend to agree. It would be
handy to have a ps type command to look at a crash dump. And
it shouldn't be too hard to do, really. The basic code is already
in kvm-fbsd.c.

---
Gary Jennejohn				(work) gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
					(home) Gary.Jennejohn@munich.netsurf.de