Date:      Tue, 23 May 2000 23:20:58 -0500 (CDT)
From:      hetzels@westbend.net
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/18788: New Apache Ports Collection

>Number:         18788
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Apache & module ports collection
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

	The none of the current Apache ports all you the freedom to
	choose which modules you want to use with your apache server.

>How-To-Repeat:

	Try to install an Apache, FrontPage, Mod_ssl, PHP3 server.
	It currently can't be done without creating another port.

>Fix:

	The Apache Ports Collection solves this problem by creating
	module ports, that will work on one of 3 Apache servers
	(apache13, apache13+ipv6, apache13-ssl).

	Due to the size of the Apache Ports Collection, it is
	Available from: http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/mod_apache13.tgz

	Diffs included for apache13, apache13+ipv6, apache13-ssl, mod_dav,
	mod_dtcl, and mod_jserv.

	Note: A repository copy needed for apache-jserv -> mod_jserv

	Due we need to repository copy the following ports?

	apache13-fp     -> mod_frontpage
	apache13-php3   -> mod_php3
	apache13-php4   -> mod_php4
	apache13-modssl -> mod_ssl

PRs to be closed:
	18083	Inconsistencies between apache ports
		- New Apache ports correct this problem
	17625	Upgrade apache13-ssl to 1.3.12
	16703   Upgrade apache13-ssl to 1.3.11
		- upgraded by PR 17404
	16088	Missing sbin/gcache in apache13-ssl PLIST
		- gcache add in PR 17404
	15873	Apache13+fp+php+mod_ssl port
		- The new Apache ports eliminate the need for this port
	13606	Suexec not enforcing user limits
		- patch included as part of patch-fe for
		  apache13, apache13-fp, apache13+ipv6 & apache13-ssl ports
	17139	Correction to apache13-fp PLIST (superceeded by PR 18581)
	17650	Apache13-php fails with gettext port installed
		- no longer affects apache13-php* or mod_php* ports
	15123	Apache13-modssl fails to find OpenSSL include paths
		- no longer affects apache13-modssl or mod_ssl ports

=================================

Other PRs

	18581	Apache13-fp change port to use FreeBSD FP Exts.

================================

apache13-base:

    New port for selection of apache server and modules.
    This port also creates an example mod_* port. (make module MODULE=foo)

    New Files:
	Makefile
	files/NOTE
	pkg
	    COMMENT DESCR
	scripts
	    configure.base
	    makemoduleport

    Changed Files:
	none

    Deleted Files:
	none

================================

apache13:

    Apply apache13.diff to the port

    New Files:
	files/apache.sh.tmpl
	patches
	    patch-am patch-as patch-at patch-fd patch-fe
	    patch-ff patch-fh patch-fi patch-fj patch-mod
	pkg/INSTALL
	scripts/configure.apache

    Changed Files:
	Makefile
	files/md5
	patches
	    patch-aa patch-ab patch-ac patch-ag patch-ak
	    patch-al
	pkg/PLIST

    Deleted Files:
	none

================================

apache13+ipv6:

    Apply apache13+ipvg.diff to the port

    New Files:
	files/apache.sh.tmpl
	patches
	    patch-as patch-at patch-fd patch-fe patch-ff
	    patch-fh patch-fi patch-fj patch-mod
	pkg/INSTALL
	scripts/configure.apache

    Changed Files:
	Makefile
	files/md5
	patches
	    patch-aa patch-ab patch-ac patch-ag patch-ak
	    patch-al patch-am
	pkg
	    PLIST
	    DESCR

    Deleted Files:
	none:

================================

apache13-ssl:

    Apply apache13-ssl.diff to the  port

    New Files:
	files
	    FreeBSD.layout apache.sh.tmpl
	patches
	    patch-aa patch-ab patch-ac patch-ag patch-ak
	    patch-al patch-am patch-fd patch-fe patch-ff
	    patch-fh patch-fi patch-fj patch-mod
	pkg/INSTALL
	scripts/configure.apache

    Changed Files:
	Makefile
	patches
	    patch-ar patch-as patch-at
	pkg/PLIST

    Deleted Files:
	none

================================

mod_auth_mysql:

    New port, See PR 18730

================================

mod_dav:

    Apply mod_dav.diff to the port

    New Files:
	none

    Changed Files:
	Makefile
	files/md5
	pkg/PLIST

    Deleted Files:
	none

================================

mod_dtcl

    Apply mod_dtcl.diff to the port

    New Files:
	none

    Changed Files:
	Makefile
	pkg
	    MESSAGE PLIST

    Deleted Files:
	none

================================

mod_frontpage

    New port to replace apache13-fp

    New Files:
        Makefile
	files
	    Makefile apache.sh.tmpl md5 mod_frontpage.c
	patches
	    patch-fa patch-fp patch-fk patch-fn
        pkg
            COMMENT DESCR INSTALL PLIST
    Changed Files:
	none

    Deleted Files:
        none

================================

mod_jserv

    Repository copy apache-jserv to mod_jserv, then apply mod_jserv.diff
    This will also close PR 18668

    New Files:
        patches/patch-ai

    Changed Files:
        Makefile
	files/md5
	patches
	    patch-aa patch-ab patch-ac patch-ad patch-ae
	    patch-af
	pkg/PLIST

    Deleted Files:
        none

================================

mod_php3

    New port to replace apache13-php3

    New Files:
	Makefile
	files/md5
	patches
	    patch-aq patch-ar
	pkg
	    COMMENT DESCR MESSAGE PLIST
	scripts/configure.php

    Changed Files:
	none

    Deleted Files:
        none

================================

mod_php4

    New port to replace apache13-php4

    New Files:
        Makefile
        files/md5
        patches
            patch-aa patch-ab patch-ac patch-ad patch-ae
	    patch-af
        pkg
            COMMENT DESCR MESSAGE PLIST
        scripts/configure.php