Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 1999 21:29:45 -0400
From:      Harris <hpk104@psu.edu>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installation

All i am doing is attempting to boot after a fresh install, using the
novice choice from sysinstall.  I installed FreeBSD onto my 2nd IDE
drive(the entire drive, nothing else is on there).  The entire message is:

Fatal Trap 1:  priviliged instruction fault while in kernel mode
instruction pointer = 0x8:0xf01fe300
stack pointer =0x10:0xefbfff38
frame pointer =0x10:0xefbfff58
code segment =base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x7b
		=DPL0, pres 1, def3d 1, gran 1
processor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, I0PL=0
current process = 0( )
interrupt mask = net tty bio
panic: priviliged instruction fault

if this helps, i'm trying to install on the second ide disk of a system
with a FIC pa-2013 MB(via mvp3 chipset), 64 megs ram, 2 ide drives(primary
and secondary masters), cdrom(primary slave), amd k6-2 450mhz, 3com 905b
pci NIC, adaptec aha-2940 pci scsi adapter, sound blaster 16 ISA, diamond
supra express 56 ISA, and a voodoo3 3000 agp card.