Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 13:27:50 +0200
From:      "Niels Chr. Bank-Pedersen" <ncbp@bank-pedersen.dk>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on IBM Thinkpad T21,A21?

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 12:09:02AM -0400, Jonathan Chen wrote:

> For the T series, also note that FreeBSD does not work with sound (same
> chip as the A series), and X does not work out of the box (it uses a
> Salvage IX chipset, unlike the A series which uses some ATI).  I have,
> however, gotten X to work find on it with some patches.  I'll see if they
> can be put into ports after I package it up and make sure it's not breaking
> anything else.

Slightly OT for this thread, but since you mentioned S3 - does
anybody know if S3 support in XFree4 will get any better in the near
future (http://www.xfree86.org/4.0.1/Status27.html#27) ?

>  \\\_\            Jonathan Chen              jon@spock.org           /_///

/Niels Chr.

--
 Niels Christian Bank-Pedersen, NCB1-RIPE.
 Network Manager, Tele Danmark NET, IP-section.

 "Hey, are any of you guys out there actually *using* RFC 2549?"