Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:50:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Anand Subramanian <anand@pythagoras.math.uwaterloo.ca>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pseudo device question

Hi All,
If I have a pseudo-device on FreeBSD 5.1 created using the make_dev call
does anyone know how to grow this special file? I mean I don't want to
write to this file initially but grow this device memory to a somewhat
large limit. This is because I need to mmap this pseudo device into a user
process memory and then use the mmaped memory...Can I do this by defining
an ioctl() on this special file? If so what do I have to do to allocate
some memory and to attach the allocated memory to this device?

Thanks,
Anand