Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:04:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree 3.3 and my Wincast problems.. GOOD NEWS

> well..  I just did... I'm still running 2.2.1-R, but I did run the latest
> bt848 driver on XF3.3... but it still crashed...  it did take a while
> longer to lock up the bt946 (my scsi controler) than before...  before
> just a small amount of disk activity would lock up the bus, but not
> it took it a ls -lR a while (about 5+ seconds) before it locked up...

Try smallest window PLEASE, if you haven't already. Makes a world of
difference here.

I also used ls -lR for testing. I could ls -lR /usr while running fxtv in
smallest window and NO lockups. I also ran it for 1 hour after that and
still no problems.

> right now I'm looking at upgrading to 2.2.2-R and see if that will help
> any...    if I had another scsi controler, I'd try that... hmm.  I could
> dig up an old NCR 53c400 based controler, I'll see what I can do...

2.2.2-R didn't fix anything here, but than I am IDE bound.

Bernie