Date:      Mon, 9 Jan 2012 09:55:58 -0800
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Upgrade from 8.2-STABLE to 9.0-RELEASE wedges on SuperMicro H8DGiF-based system

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 9:50 AM, John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net> wrote:
> From what you've said I strongly suspect that you have some kind of hardw=
are issue. Dodgy RAM is my first guess, something cooling-related is my 2nd=
, and PSU is my 3rd. It is a little suspicious that you only started having=
 problems after your upgrade but it could be coincidence or it could be som=
ething about the new software tickling the hardware differently than the ol=
d.

That's what we're leaning toward as well.  We're planning on doing a
BIOS upgrade (betadrive is running v2.00 and alphadrive is v1.00),
then a memtest86+ run, then check firmware on the SATA controllers.

If none of the above helps, we're thinking of swapping the CPUs
between the two systems to see if the problems stay with the box or
follow the CPU.

Thanks for the reply.

--=20
Freddie Cash