Date:      Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:15:29 -0400
From:      Christopher Sean Hilton <chris@vindaloo.com>
To:        Matt Smith <ratman6@charter.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.4 RC2 freezing

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 09:08:11AM -0400, Matt Smith wrote:
> pflog0: promiscuous mode enabled
>=20
> Do you want to be running this way?
>=20

This is normal operating mode for the pflog pseudo-interface. The
function of the pflog pseudo interface is to collect packets which the
"pf" packet filter dropped and log their contents for replay. If pflog
is not in promiscuous mode it cannot catch these packets.

-- chris

--
Chris Hilton                                   chris-at-vindaloo-dot-com
                "All I was doing was trying to get home from work!"

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx--