Date:      Thu, 6 Dec 2012 19:55:58 +0100
From:      n j <nino80@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Somewhat OT: Is Full Command Logging Possible?

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 12:47 AM, Tim Daneliuk <tundra@tundraware.com> wrote:
> Well ... does auditd provide a record of every command issued within a
> script?
> I was under the impression (and I may well be wrong) that it  noted only
> the name of the script being executed.

Even if you configured auditd to record every command issued within a
script, you'd still have a problem if a malicious user put the same
commands inside a binary.

As some people already pointed out, there is practically no way to
control users once you give them root privileges.

The only thing that would really solve your problem is probably
something like http://www.balabit.com/network-security/scb/features
(no personal experience with it, but seems it does what you need).

--
Nino