Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2012 20:37:41 +0200
From:      Damjan Marion <dmarion@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ian Lepore <freebsd@damnhippie.dyndns.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [GSoC] [ARM] arm cleanup - my own proposal

On Apr 14, 2012, at 6:02 PM, Ian Lepore wrote:

> It's been my growing impression for about a year that the arm support in
> FreeBSD has atrophied to the point where it can barely be said that it's
> supported at all.  Now I see this morning that marius@ has committed a
> set of style cleanups to the at91 code (r234281), so maybe it's not
> quite as dead as I feared.

Hi Ian,

Are you aware of projects/armv6[1] in svn?

Due to big changes in architecture introduced with ARMv6 we have
separate tree where all ongoing development is happening.
Hopefully we will be able to merge back changes to HEAD soon.

We have (partially) working support for recent Marvel SoC and some TI boards
(PandaBoard/OMAP4, Beaglebone/AM335x). There is also OMAP3 code waiting
to be integrated.

Also Andrew is working on moving to ARM EABI[2] which will
allow us to use llvm/clang and all new ARM goodies which are
not supported in our aged gcc.

Any help is welcome...

Damjan

[1] http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/projects/armv6/