Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:45:51 +0100
From:      Tilman Linneweh <tilman@arved.at>
To:        Andrey Chernov <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: test, ignore it

* Andrey Chernov [Fr, 13 Feb 2004 at 16:25 GMT]:

[Switching to -chat, as this is not on-topic on -hubs]

> On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 09:47:32AM +0100, Tilman Linneweh wrote:
>> * Andrey Chernov [Fr, 13 Feb 2004 at 07:26 GMT]:
>>=3D20
>> freebsd-test@FreeBSD.org exists.
>
> I need to test other lists too to know, which one accepts mail from
> non-members of the list. Surprisingly I found that only 3 lists I
> subscribed (announce, current and security) disallow non-members postings,
> all other allows SPAM.

It has been FreeBSD policy for years, that lists are open for non-members,
so it should not suprise you. Except for -current this is also documented
on http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/.=20

Additional it would have been less disturbing if you had just asked the=20
listmasters instead of sending email to hundreds of subcribers,=20
especially as you claim to be concerned about SPAM.=20

regards
tilman