Date:      Mon, 03 Sep 2012 06:51:50 +0200
From:      Peter Boosten <peter@boosten.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sharing COM ports to Windows hosts

On 3-9-2012 5:02, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> Colleagues,
>
> There is a FreeBSD box with several RS232 ports. Can those ports be
> accessed by Windows hosts over the network? Actually, does anyone
> have a success story for such a scenario?
>
> There is some software like comms/serialoverip, comms/tits etc but are
> there any (freeware) Windows virtual COM port drivers compatible
> therewith?
>
> Maybe some Windows drivers for hardware console servers (like Moxa)
> would work with tits etc?
>
> Thanks a lot for any advice.

If I understand your question correctly, then AFAICT the only way to
access serial ports over the network is with a piece of additional
hardware, like a terminal server, for instance:

http://www.perle.com/products/Terminal-Server.shtml?utm_source=ppc&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=server

Peter

--
http://www.boosten.org

-----
Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
Versie: 2012.0.2197 / Virusdatabase: 2437/5242 - datum van uitgifte: 09/02/12