Date:      Fri, 01 Oct 1999 20:42:09 -0400
From:      Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        "Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich@lanl.gov>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: return to real mode

Mike Smith wrote:

> > anybody got some reliable, tested, known-good code for getting back to
> > real mode? I'm to the point where I have a working GDT, and paging is
> > turned off, but the last step -- turning off protection enable -- is not
> > working for me.
>
> You want to be more explicit about why you want to get back?  There are
> possibly alternatives, or other collateral damage issues that might be
> worth commenting on.

I have an almost-working code written yet in the 2.0.5 days. Then there
was a guy Wee Teck <weeteck@delta.eecs.umich.edu> who asked a similar question
and I sent my code to him. He has found the final bug and got it working.
Maybe he is still on the list and can provide some information. I'm
going to send my code and his fix off the list.

-SB