Date:      Thu, 25 Oct 2012 16:20:35 +0700 (ICT)
From:      Olivier Nicole <Olivier.Nicole@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD based, standalone, print server

Hi,

The network card on my HP 4300 is definitely dead. All I am left with
is a... parallel port!

But the printer is still working fine, printing fast and in good
quality.

I don't want to invest in a new network card though, while I have a
bunchg of old systems lying around.

Solutions are:

1) I set-up a small FreeBSD box, with printer spooler, and all my
   quota stuff;

2) I find a solution to bridge the parallel port and the ethernet
   port. This is more exciting and I keep the quota and spooling on
   the original print server.

Any cue for the option 2?

Best regards,

Olivier