Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 11:02:15 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Vivek Khera <khera@kcilink.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dual fxp ethernet, one doesn't "work"

>VK> [m02]% ifconfig -a
>VK> fxp0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
>VK> media: autoselect (100baseTX) status: active
>VK> fxp1: flags=8943<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
>VK> media: autoselect (10baseT/UTP) status: active
>
>The new fxp driver works fine at 100baseTX and has problems at 10baseT.
>When you swapped cables, you changed the speed each was running at (I
>assume they are connected to different equipment, one of which supports
>100baseTX, one doesn't).

   He said he had problems with the 'old' version of the driver as well. The
problem with the new driver and 10BaseT was with cards that have the Seeq
PHY, and those appear differently in the ifconfig output (they show as manual
selection)...so I don't believe this is the problem.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
President, TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.