Date:      Fri, 5 Dec 1997 10:36:20 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@unix.tfs.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   sc0 scrollback flaw

hmmm...  i just rebuilt using the SC_HISTORY_SIZE option for sc [good
idea, it was always a pain in the ass hacking up syscons.h to do this].

there seems to be an undesireable new behavior for the sc scrollback
facility..

one of the functions in my .login is a `clear` to clear the console
when i log in.  this seems to erase the entire scrollback buffer.  the
old behavior was to ignore screen clears in the buffer.

i'm still running the Dec. 2 version of -current, but will be
cvsupping the latest in a few minutes...  i can take a look at
syscons.c, and see if i can find where this is happening...

on another note, how about adding config options to change these via
config options [if you go through the trouble to put them in structs
instead of hard-coding them, you may as well make them easily
configurable]:

static default_attr user_default = {
    (FG_CYAN | BG_BLACK) << 8,
    (FG_BLUE | BG_LIGHTGREY) << 8
};

static default_attr kernel_default = {
    (FG_YELLOW | BG_BLACK) << 8,
    (FG_RED | BG_LIGHTGREY) << 8
};

jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you    |  "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid  |  briefed, debriefed, indexed, or