Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2000 00:53:28 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@picus.com>
To:        <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: new to BSD

Forgive me if this is poorly composed... I've been sitting at my desk
playing with M$SQL for the last 15 hours...

Imagine if we were to ask the manufacturers of the various hardware that
works well with FreeBSD to imprint their packaging material with a FreeBSD
Logo.  Such a thing would have numerous benifits for the BSD community:

1. Assist newbies in identifying good hardware
2. Promote FreeBSD as a mainstream OS
3. Encourage other hardware manufacturers to
   develop their own drivers for FreeBSD
4. Look good on the retail side of my store :)

Just a random thought...

-Troy

** The ideal logo would be something that could be silk-screened on
** a brown cardboard box, and could be reduced and not lose clarity.
**
** e.g. a small inverse box with text:
**
** 	,---------.
** 	| FreeBSD |
** 	| Ready!@ |
** 	`---------'
**
** With the "@" being the little trademark symbol, but that's just me
** doing graphic design in ASCII art.
**
** There would need to be a definition of terms and conditions of use
** that was acceptable (e.g. filing of unofficial self-certification
** that there were drivers for all hardware components in FreeBSD on
** the FreeBSD web site or something like that) plus all the legal
** mumbo-jumbo to keep everyone happy with rights to the mark, etc.,
** in terms of paperwork as a result of the filing, etc. (or something
** like that).
**
**
** 					Terry Lambert
** 					terry@lambert.org
** ---
** Any opinions in this posting are my own and not those of my present
** or previous employers.
**
**
** To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
** with "unsubscribe freebsd-chat" in the body of the message
**
**