Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 1997 11:59:52 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: On glquake and q2test

On Sat, 29 Nov 1997, Amancio Hasty wrote:
> If you have a Voodoo card , have a working sound card  and are running 3.0
> -current then,
> ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/README.GLQUAKE

I will try and get this working tonight, as I bought a 3dfx card whilst on
'holliday' (I slept fot 5 days, it was great!)

> If you shall  decide to take the q2test mission , after:
> ./q2test
> Waiting....
>
> Hit Return , or q2test will wait for a long time for you to press
> return --- this is the correct behavior of q2test -- don't ask
> me why is doing that.

or:

./q2test < /dev/null

which worked for me, although not as expected, I was trying to put this in
my .xinitrc, but for some reasons it comes up without a sensible colormap.

I guess it gets the default colormap from the window manager or something,
I wasn't sure, but I'd like to be able to run this full screen (X11) if
possible, so if you have any ideas how to get around this I'll be happy to
try.

Also, has anyone else noticed q2test doing a lot of causing a lot of
display junk, rather a wrong depth or size pixmap or something in the
wrong place on the screen (not on the viewable area, but just off the
quake screen) ?

	Steve.

Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342
WWW: http://dylan.visint.co.uk/