Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:36:11 +0100
From:      Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   which ftpd to use?

Hi folks,

I'm looking for recommendations which ftpd to use for our
heavy loaded server. I would like to support >>1000 connections.

We used to have proftpd but, that one runs in to problems with
respect to very long connection delays under load, etc.

Several people are recommending pure-ftpd or vsftpd,
I'm sure may are using FreeBSD's ftpd.

Btw, is FreeBSD's ftpd now the "lukemftpd" ?? Or not?
It's still in the ports....

Any advice appreciated.

Best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock         - ceterum censeo Microsoftinem esse delendam -
*Daniel Lang * dl@leo.org * +49 89 289 18532 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/*