Date:      Tue, 02 Jul 2002 07:15:33 -0700
From:      "George V. Neville-Neil" <gnn@neville-neil.com>
To:        vegacap@i.com.ua
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: picobsd redux

> Is there any particular reason for using -current for that? The
> problem is that -current is in horrible state now (gcc 3.1, KSE-III
> and so on), so that I'd suggest to use -stable branch or -current
> sources just before gcc 3.1 import.

Well there are two things going on.  My employer wants to use -CURRENT
and is willing to let me hack on it, and the other is that I volunteered to do
some of the multi-threading/locking work in the network stack.  If I can
kill these two birds with one stone I can do work for the project while also
getting paid.  Alas the paid part gets a higher priority :-)

When, exactly, was the 3.1 import?

Later,
George

--
George V. Neville-Neil                                  gnn@neville-neil.com
Neville-Neil Consulting                                	www.neville-neil.com

"I learn only to be contented."  inscription at Ryoan-ji in Kyoto, Japan