Date:      Tue, 03 Dec 1996 01:58:02 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CDI Streams?

Hi,

The VideoCD format is propieratory. Philips claims that by
putting ISO 9660 structure to the CDROM and then encoding
the actual stream in their format that they have an open
standard 8)

The closest that we have is Brian's talisman mpeg player which can
decode VideoCD format and playback the stream on the talisman mpeg
player. It should not be too hard for Brian to modify his talisman
player to dump the mpeg video stream on a VideoCD to a file after
which you can use several public programs to play back the mpeg
system stream.

	Enjoy
	Amancio