Date:      Wed, 9 May 2012 03:59:54 -0400
From:      Jason Hellenthal <jhellenthal@dataix.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   [jhellenthal@DataIX.net: database/rrdtool >= 1.4.6]

I meant to send this here too!.

----- Forwarded message from Jason Hellenthal <jhellenthal@DataIX.net> -----

Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 03:59:18 -0400
From: Jason Hellenthal <jhellenthal@DataIX.net>
To: sylvio@freebsd.org
Subject: database/rrdtool >= 1.4.6

Sylvio, Ports,

After the recent bump of rrdtool to 1.4.7 it has been broken on stable/8
i386. I am unsure if it is broken elsewhere but the nature of the errors
leads me to believe it is.

Default configuration fails to configure properly and does not find libs
that it has readily available that version 1.4.5 is still able to
configure with.

The JSON third party patch fails to apply for versions 1.4.6 and 1.4.7

Both 1.4.6 and 1.4.7 have errors in finding libs for glib, cairo, xml2
and I believe two others. Also somewhere in configure there is an error
running sed(1) and end up in an "/bin/sed: File not found"

Fortunately the sed(1) is easy to get around just using a temporary
symlink to beat through to the other errors but from what I see it may
just be it needs to use a GNU specific program like gsed(1) instead.

Hope this helps a little and hope someone looks into this soon...

--

----- End forwarded message -----

--