Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:48:02 +0100
From:      Sam Eaton <sam@fqdn.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ukbd0 from dell DRAC5 remote access controller

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 12:43:03AM -0400, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, John Baldwin wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday 09 August 2006 05:27, Scott Wilson wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I'm trying to get the keyboard emulation part of Dell's DRAC5 remote
> >>access controller working with freebsd.  This is 6.1-RELEASE-p3 and
> >>running amd64 port. Can anyone shed some light?
> >>

> Was there ever an update/progress on this?  I can confirm the problem.

I definitely have the same problem.  I have a machine with working ssh,
so I can get onto the machine for debug (plus it works fine with a local
USB keyboard, so I can do stuff on the console).

I've tried disabling kbdmux and booting with just the DRAC keyboard
emulation attached - the keyboard works during boot, and is detected
during kernel startup, and is selected as ukbd0, which kbdcontrol
confirms is the console keyboard.  However it doesn't work, no
keystrokes are accepted.

So it's not a kbdmux issue.

Sam.
--
"Fortified with Essential Bitterness and Sarcasm"
    Matt Groening, "Binky's Guide to Love".