Date:      Fri, 14 Oct 2011 07:41:24 -0600
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dennis Ritchie has died. A suggestion

--Bu8it7iiRSEf40bY

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 07:20:54AM -0500, Robert Bonomi wrote:
>                                                                          =
                                                                           =
                          =20
> I think it's fair to say it would be 'Ritchie-deserved'.                 =
                                                                           =
                          =20
                                                                           =
                                                                           =
                          =20
I'm conflicted about whether that's a good pun or a bad pun.               =
                                                                           =
                          =20
                                                                           =
                                                                           =
                          =20
                                                                           =
                                                                           =
                          =20
>                                                                          =
                                                                           =
                          =20
> Consider this another opinion in favor of the proposal.                  =
                                                                           =
                          =20
                                                                           =
                                                                           =
                          =20
Y'know, I'm not sure whether it's appropriate to post obituaries on        =
                                                                           =
                          =20
official FreeBSD related Websites, but if it is, I can think of no better  =
                                                                           =
                          =20
time than now -- in honor of Dennis Ritchie, one of the most important     =
                                                                           =
                          =20
figures in all of Unix development, influential beyond what anyone is      =
                                                                           =
                          =20
likely to fully realized even outside of the Unix lineage itself.          =
                                                                           =
                          =20
                                                                           =
                                                                           =
                          =20
Yeah, I've just convinced myself.  Even if it is generally not considered  =
                                                                           =
                          =20
appropriate, I think making an exception in this very exceptional case is  =
                                                                           =
                          =20
difficult to resist.  I'll offer my voice in the chorus of support as      =
                                                                           =
                          =20
well.                                                                      =
                                                                           =
                          =20
                                                                           =
                                                                           =
                          =20
--                                                                         =
                                                                           =
                          =20
Chad Perrin [ original content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]     =
                                                                           =
                          =20
[   Dennis Ritchie, Innovator:                                       ]     =
                                                                           =
                          =20
[   http://blogstrapping.com/?page=3D2011.286.13.52.17                 ]

--Bu8it7iiRSEf40bY