Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 1997 17:15:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Samy Touati <lmcsato@lmc.ericsson.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMC 9332BDT doesn't work on 2.2.2

Hi,

I installed fbsd 2.2.2 on a compaq with a pentium pro 180.
I used a 3com 905 ethernet card which worked at 10mb but not on 100,
because I wanted 100mb speed I changed the card to an SMC 9332BDT.

The card is detected correctly but as soon as it's detected the card goes
down (the LED goes down).

I can't access the machine with this card.

When detecting the card a message says: enabling the 100TX even if I
it to a 10Mb link.

Any ideas? Is this card supported or do I have to get a patch.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Samy