Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:52:41 -0500
From:      "David J. Kanter" <djkanter@northwestern.edu>
To:        rneswold@enteract.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wmnet port doesn't display tunneling device

After upgrading from FreeBSD 3.5 -> 4.0, my wmnet no longer works
consistently or properly. It does not consistently display tun0, and the
device display name is off.

In my kernel config I have pseudo-device tun, but wmnet -i tun0 will only
display ppp0. Cycling through sometimes eventually reveals a tun0, other
times no tun0 is available.

I uninstalled, then reinstalled the port and it worked OK. But then I logged
out and logged back in and it did not work.

Also, if you cycle through the devices with the mouse and get to one of
those longer devices, like faith, the "0" from faith0 remains in the LED
section when cycling through the devices again.

Any ideas?
--
David Kanter
djkanter@northwestern.edu