Date:      Sun, 27 May 2001 18:20:56 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        dcs@newsguy.com, core@FreeBSD.ORG, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: broken loader?

From: "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 17:08:10 -0700

> Daniel this is not the first time you've screwed the Alpha users with
> loader commits/upgrades.  Once was forgivable, twice is frankly quite
> unforgivable.  You have once again _wasted_ a significant amount of your
> fellow developer's time.

David,

I appreciate the fact that you're frustrated, but it's also been
impossible not to notice that a sizable percentage of your
communications these days go just _that_ much further in their vitriol
than the occasion appears to merit.

Yes, Daniel made a mistake on the Alpha platform, a class of mistake
which has not exactly been confined to him alone since there are few
Alphas around and fewer committers who seem to remember that
beast.freebsd.org is available for their use in testing such things.
I'm sure we've ALL also wasted one another's time on occasion, but I
think that's just part of the quid-pro-quo in this project.

This is a slap on the wrist, yes, but not exactly worth firing off
request for -core intervention, IMHO and as a "private citizen".  As a
core member, I'll certainly consider your request along with the other
core members and we'll eventually come to something roughly resembling
concensus and communicate it back to you.

Still, I begin to wonder (again, not as a -core member) whether or not
you might be in need of some extracurricular activity which leads you
away from the keyboard.  Perhaps a vacation is overdue?

- Jordan