Date:      Mon, 07 Feb 2005 02:06:28 +0100
From:      albi <albi@scii.nl>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD is dangerous !

Fabrice wrote:

> I installed FreeBSD 5.3.
> When I mount_ext2fs my Linux partitions on the same computer,
> FreeBSD give me access to them in R/WRITE mode without needing any password !

if you mount FreeBSD from Linux, it will only mount it read-only, does
that make Linux less dangerous ? ;-)

this behavior is pretty normal, from a Linux or FreeBSD installation you
can easily mount a FAT-partition read/write on the same machine

if you're interested in security maybe this webpage is interesting to read :
http://www.defcon1.org/html/Security/Secure-Guide/secure-guide.html